What day is it?

I had a rubbish start to today. I opened my eyes and looked at the clock which said something like 5:48am. So I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. When I got back into bed my wife said "Why'd you do that - you're getting up in a few moments". "It's only just before six" I replied. "It's Monday" was her reply. WHAT! I thought it was Sunday - I'd lost a whole day. Never mind just as the resentment was taking hold the alarm went off and I had to drag my arse out of bed whatever.

I then got to the swimming pool and the lady on reception said "The pool is a bit warmer than usual. We are trying to fix the problem". Too right it was I have baths cooler than that! It was a bit of an effort to complete my 50 lengths frankly.

However all such trivial issues and my wife did cheer me up saying that I can have a lie in next Monday as it is a Bank Holiday! My son also cheered me up with him texting me a photo of a new guitar he has bought and saying he'd phone my wife later... so when my phone went off at lunchtime and I saw it was my wife calling I knew what the call would be about. :-)

Like father ... like son... :-) His justification is that in moving flats at the end of term he somehow is saving a months rent ... so he spent it on a guitar... :-)

Comments

  1. I don't think mine is vertigo, just plugged up ears from a cold. If it lingers much longer tho, I will be off to the doctors, a place I try to avoid like the plague! I can see how your son can justify a new guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for him! Or is that not the correct response?!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation

Let's talk plectrums...