Mahogany T Style Build part 4

The guitar is finished.  No not complete I meaned it has finish on it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Here's a couple of pictures 

 
The neck and body curing. 

I used Crimson Guitars Guitar Finishing Oil which I really like. I sanded to 320 grit.  I then applied 2 coats of Crimson's Penetrating Oil and then 4 coats of their High Build Finishing Oil.  The end result is very pleasing to me.  Here's the body
The quilting on the top bit was a real pleasant surprise and does have that shimmer / movement effect.  Looks much more expensive than it was!
I will give it some additional wax polish using Renaissance Wax once the oil is cured for a good few days. 

Next up was soldering the pots and switch up.  I always tackle soldering with dread it's definitely not my forte! 
Anyway here is a couple of pictures. 
Keen eyed may think that switch looks funny.  I had it the wrong way round. Doh!  But spotted and fixed.  Btw I did check the output jack can get through from the control cavity.
You'll see a push push switch on the Vol control that's a coil spilt on the bridge humbucker. 
Onto fret work. I levelled, crowned and polished up the frets.  I like the fret leveling beam with 240 and 320 grit paper on. Definitely much less in terms of getting the scratches out of the frets but it probably takes longer to level.  I'll take that though personally. After the 320grit levelling I used a series of finer grit fret rubbers then finished with a metal polish and more elbow grease but again pleased with the result.
Levelling underway my crows feet marks show where I've found a high spot via the fret rocker.   Firstly that helps as I start to see where I expect to see more material being removed and also I can test as I go with the rocker on those areas. 
Crowning and just rounding off fret ends. 
All polished up. 

I need to sort out the scratchplate and essentially start final assembly.   That will be the next post. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation

Let's talk plectrums...