Let there be ROCK!!!

To be honest for sometime I've been stuck in a bit of a rut musically speaking.  I've not written anything new for an age.  I've some ideas that have been bobbling but unable to get solidified.  I did some gigs at the back end of 2014 and whilst ok they weren't a stellar success with legions of new fans flocking to join my barmy army of fans.

To put it in the vernacular - "My mojo ain't working."

What to do about it?  In the end I've gone back to something I've not done in a long time.  I'm learning on in many cases relearning a bunch of rock songs on electric guitar.  Thin Lizzy seem high on the list - Emerald, The Rocker, Whiskey In the Jar.  Robin Trower - Victims of the Fury... UFO Doctor Doctor.  Marillion Kayleigh

and you know what?  I'm loving it.  I'm enjoying picking up the guitars and plugging them in.  I'm bending to my pedal board and fiddling to try and get the delay just right.  Seeing if I prefer the compressor/sustainer to be used as a drive pedal to push the amp a bit harder for the saturated sound vs a drive pedal.

No idea where this will end up - or whether six months from now I'll regret losing all my solo acoustic pieces out my brain like I've lost many of these ones that I used to know well but whatever... I at least have enjoyment back in the music room and that is all that matters at the moment.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

Let's talk plectrums...

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation