I've fitted the Fishman Rare Earth Pickup I got as a birthday present. I was fitting it to my trusty old Yamaha LL11. I bought this guitar brand new in London in the old London Acoustic Centre, which was based down in Wapping in those days, it was in the mid 90s at some point. So this is heading for 20 years old now. It is a lovely guitar, most of my recordings have featured this guitar via a microphone. However live I've used a CPX500 for some time or I have used the LL11 with a Dean Markley soundhole pickup but whilst that sounds ok it isn't the best solution. Recently I bought a Vintage Gordon Giltrap that has a Rare Earth Blend pickup, that was really impressive when I used it live and I thought I'd get one of them, but the blend (which has a magnetic humbucking pickup and a small gooseneck mic as well) is £250 vs about £130 for the humbucking only model. So this is the non blend model I'm fitting here - which the darling Mrs F bought me for my...
Open "D"? Very full sound! Thanks for posting! found your page on FB, too!
ReplyDeleteNo it is in standard tuning - originally written on a 12 string tuned down a half step but my on going battle of the bulge and just logistics of a short set etc. meant I binned using the 12 string for this set - in the end this was the only 12 string song I did. I plan to get into the "studio" - i.e. the little room with my stuff in it and record it soon - that'll be 12 string
DeleteSheet music on the stage ? Was that just a "prop" ? lol.
ReplyDeleteNo not a prop - I have to admit my memory isn't what it used to be... sorry what are we talking about again? Oh yes... so I do have it there, largely only as a reminder... however watch many top bands and they have screens with a live feed of lyrics hidden in the monitors... I'm more "old school" with a £10 foldup stand!
DeleteGood stuff Furtheron, I enjoyed watching and listening :-)
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your guitar playing, but my bloody sound kept on cutting of and so I watched you for 2 minutes miming. I'll try again later, my broadband is lpaying up a bit, probably due to my son using 80% of my broadband allowance in 3 days.
ReplyDelete