Bird watching...

I've just got an email from the RSPB to take part in their annual survey this weekend which is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year. You simply spend an hour counting the birds that come into your garden.

Now in very recent past, since we installed the new bird table, we have had large numbers of pigeons and ring-collared doves, some starlings, blackbirds, sparrows, a couple of chaffinches, a pair of blue tits, magpies, a pair of jays, a tiny little wren and even a woodpecker. What's the betting the hour I sit to do my count I'll just get 12 pigeons and that is it... :-)

Go here if you are interested in taking part by the way.

Comments

  1. Hello;
    I read your blog. I like bird watching also. Thanks. Have a great day.
    http://www.birdwatching.randyusa.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bird Watching... had to do a double take at your URL there - I thought is opening that going to open something I shouldn't...

    for context on that here is part of the definition for Bird from wikionary

    Brid (UK, slang) A girl or woman considered sexually attractive, as used by a man.

    :-)

    I'm not a mad bird watcher only in my garden really trying to help the local wildlife flourish along with the beautiful pair of foxes living near us currently and the evidence occasionally of the local hedgehog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of our birds have just disappeared.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

Let's talk plectrums...

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation