Thursday, 26 April 2012

The gig

Hello - back in harness.  Feeling better, not 100% but better than I was despite going back to work yesterday, the awful bloody weather (shouldn't moan we need the rain) and the 1 hr delay getting home due to a lightening strike on the overhead gantry just outside St Pancras!

The gig was a success (well I think it was).  The stage was plenty large enough for me although the large groups were a bit cramped on there.  The sound was good with a couple of good sound guys who just efficiently got on with the job and delivered really good results - impressive given the range of groups and solo artists.  Everything was running late - I never really knew why, it was already late when we got there in the middle of the afternoon, due to that I had to cut to a set of about 30mins - I was pleased with how I did that on a personal level, i.e. calmly and evenly.

Luckily the weather held and it was actually sunny for a while, dry throughout but a little chilly.  That might have kept the numbers down but somewhere around 120/150 people were there I'd have thought, which was a small village festival wasn't too shabby.  They broke even which was the main thing so the parish council didn't lose money and made a small profit whilst the community had an enjoyable day.

So here are a couple of photos my son took




I was hoping to post a video but after ages uploading it errored and being nearly 11pm I decided to sort it out another time... watch this space

6 comments:

  1. Bother about the video but such is the way of the internet. Was it quite windy or have you not got a comb? :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is my normal look dear boy... it is called "style", not something you've encountered clearly :-) Actually it was a bit windy so that is more the issue

      Delete
  2. looks like a good venue - love outdoor concerts/events, but the sound can be pretty dodgy. seems they got it right! hoping for a video...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it was a success! Congratulations!

    Also glad you're feeling better. (Lightening strike? Were you close by?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just under a mile away - there were two or three big hits close together in the middle of a downpour, I'd expected the computer network or power to fail but didn't

      Delete
  4. Looks like you all had fun, and that's the main thing...well apart from NOT being hit by a lightning strike.

    ReplyDelete