Read all about it...

So the News of the World is gone. Good ridance, sorry but I've never bought it and the way it has exposed stories always makes me question it's motives and practices. The phone hacking is just the latest - the sting on the snooker player is one I remember where his defence was that he thought he was being threatened and agreed to the bet just to get out of the place. I don't know if it was right or wrong but... it's a snooker match, do I care? No.

I don't like the media so dominated by a small cabal of people in one organisation pushing their views and opinions so much. I don't buy from News Corp on that principle, we don't have Sky, never buy the Times, The Sun etc. Simple I vote with my consumer feet. Shame is in all this condemnation of the actions of this company how many even consider that?

Just watch - The Sun on Sunday will launch in a few weeks with all the same people and same motives... the URL thesunonsunday.co.uk was registered on 5th July people... watch this space. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose ... as they say... well Rush did on a track on Hemispheres and I've loved that saying ever since :-)

Comments

  1. Cool! Vigorously nodding my head in agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is depressing is that it has been the paper of choice for many for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, my thoughts exactly (except the Rush bit of course, 'cause I wasn't there!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Murdoch is buying Sky and attempting to expand his video news empire in the UK? Stand by for a propaganda machine that would make Herr Goebbels blush. We have Fox News (Faux News) here in America and it is a non-stop neoconservative echo chamber where facts and truth have little importance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the UK there is supposed rules about the news not being overly biased...

    James M once claimed "the scope of the BBC's activities and ambitions is chilling"

    REALLY!!!! Look in the mirror - oh and the BBC is owned by the people, we can force a change if we want via the politicians. How can I affect a change of policy against you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was imitially rather sad it's gone actually. I wanted to boycott it.

    Then I remembered I'd never bought it.

    Just call me Al (short for Alzheimers)...;-)

    The Sun on Sunday will be available in all good news agents from?....

    ...watch this space!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

Let's talk plectrums...

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation