Walter Trout needs a new liver

I’m combining for once guitars and alcoholism on here.

Walter Trout the renowned blues guitarist is currently in UCLA hospital in desperate need of a liver transplant.  He stated when news of the illness broke in the Blues Magazine that “It seems my early years of debauchery, lechery and partying has finally caught up with me.”  The latest statement says “Walter’s condition has rapidly deteriorated. His surgeon and team of doctors say it is a matter of him getting a liver transplant within the next 90 days or he will die.”

Now look at this picture… yes that is before and after and before Walter deteriorated to his current condition.



There is a campaign to raise money for his health bills and to support his family in this time.
I saw him once when with the Blues Breakers and have dipped into his music at times.  He is a great guitarist.  But this post is about what drinking can and will do to you if you don’t get sober and stay sober the statements above and the photos above say it all.   I wish Walter the best for the future.

Comments

  1. I've known a few people who had liver transplants because of their drinking. I had liver issues at the end of my drinking days, but as far as my doctors can tell, I was able to reverse the damage. Knock on wood it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this same thing from Greg Koch this morning. My God I was aghast when I saw the pics. I pray for him but I can't say this is looking very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I do feel sorry for him, but he can't have mine. I've grown rather attached to it.

    I realised last year that I was beginning to drink too much. Up to about 2 bottles of whisky a week. The increase just sort of crept up on me, but when I became aware, I've really cut right back.

    A couple of glasses of wine in a week now...but I still feel the attraction of that nice warm glow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shocked! Went to see him last year and he was fine then - had a brilliant night.
    He really has changed a great deal, since then.
    Best wishes from me - hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference. I wish him well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sad to hear this. Wishing Walter the very best and hope he gets better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

Let's talk plectrums...

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation