Middle Age

Ok I can't deny it any longer I'm middle aged. I'm closer to my 49th birthday than my 48th and as a friend said the other day... "Knocking on the door to your fifties". Indeed.

Firstly - where the hell did the time go - days feel like seconds used to, years like weeks and decades like years. This year will be the 10th anniversary of 9/11 - I find that difficult to believe, that was 20% of my life ago but if seems like only a year or two ago I was there in NYC that fateful day.

Secondly - back pain. I have pulled a muscle somewhere in my back somehow - I honestly don't really know when but it really became a pain (excuse the pun) over the weekend. Saturday I was struggling with it, getting in and out of chairs was difficult and leaning forward sometimes caused a shooting spasm up my back and arm - which led to me spilling more than one cup of coffee. Sunday was a bit better - Mrs F coming to the rescue as ever and sorting out some pain relieving gel, of course being a real man I was in the "I'll just grin and bear it" mode! Monday was better still and hopefully so far so is today. I'd love to know how I caused it - if only to avoid doing the same again!

Thirdly - disconnection from pop culture. I tune in sometimes to my daughters conversations on Facebook - some programmes on TV she is discussing I have no idea what they are about or why on earth you'd want to watch them! Something about people living in Chelsea - if you don't know what I'm on about count yourself lucky in my opinion.

Anyway that is where I am - trying as ever to accept that I am where I am for better or worse (it is actually very good) and not regret missed opportunities or start dreaming that I'm still just a moment away from some record exec discovering me and being catapulted into stardom... well it happened to Seasick Steve when he was older than me :-) See can't stop a dreamer.

Comments

  1. Pop culture disconnection - what a great phrase. I can relate entirely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to break it to ya but, I'd say you're past middle age. :P
    Unless of course you live to be 100.

    Sorry to hear about your back. There is nothing worse than having something wrong in that area. It totally screws up everything. I threw my back out after my second son was born so I know what kind of agony you were in.
    Hope that all is well and that it's on the way to being all better!

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seasick Steve. The only reason I am still trying! S'all good. :-) Pixie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

Let's talk plectrums...

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation