Happy Yuletide blessings

... to you all.   Given I'm not a Christian it is a bit odd that I find myself repeatedly wishing people a Happy Christmas... my son heard the Yuletide thing and said about it... I'll try to adopt it from now on.

Our Yuletide is underway, the turkey is roasting, the veg is for the large part prepared and ready for cooking, all the presents are wrapped and cluttering up my music room before Mrs F and I play Santa and his little helper later tonight and put them under the tree.  My daughter has been baking mince pies, we've watched Muppet Christmas Carol and have Carol's from King's on as I type this.

I'm lucky I have my family around me, warmth, more than enough food etc.  Others will spend this Christmas on the street, cold and alone.  I should be forever grateful of what I have not what I have not.

I hope all you have a great holiday and celebrate whatever you want in the manner you wish to.  May the blessings of Yuletide from any deity that you may, or may not, believe fall gracefully on you...


Comments

  1. Happy Yuletide Blessings to you too (I'm kind of on the same page as you philosophically...so if you don't mind I think I'm going to steal your salutation!). I think you summed it up perfectly in your post, and we should all be thankful for what we have. With that said, may your 2012 be even better than 2011, your guitar strings new and bright, and musical inspiration be endless!

    PS
    We've decided to shrug off holiday tradition and forego the turkey this year for something a bit more Californian...tacos and tamales. Maybe I should be saying Feliz Navidad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be merry, all Furtherons. :-) P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many happy Yuletide blessings to you too. What a cozy and lovely picture you paint! Have a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiest of Holidays to you and your family - however/ whatever you celebrate!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy whatever to you too! Feel lucky this end too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Holidays to you folks across the pond also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, better late than never, Happy Festivus!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

Let's talk plectrums...

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation