Christmas nearly here

It is feeling more like Christmas - Son-of-Furtheron is home for the festivites, I picked him up over the weekend.  Compared to some Christmas time drives to deepest, darkest Wales this one wasn't too bad, a bit of slushy snow on the road above 900ft over the mountains but not too bad.  I took today off just in case we had issues getting back but in the end I went out with S-o-F and his mate to the cathedral of consumerism that is Bluewater.   Too many people but he got the books he wanted and we then went to see the new Sherlock Holmes film which was good entertainment.  The cinema there has the new digital 4K projectors - impressive frankly.

So four days at work left, although a lot of folks are on leave and the campus will be very quiet now all the students will be gone.  So hoping it is reasonably quiet few days.

That's it really... not much going on in the Furtheron household just awaiting the day...

Comments

  1. I'm actually getting pretty excited for Christmas myself! Hope you guys have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your days are quiet, peaceful and lovely.

    Enjoy!

    :-) Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a peaceful and happy time, F-Ron. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a weirdly late-ending term this one is. My Uni finished on Friday but my former one is open the same as you. Have a lovely time once you're eventually released!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacqui's home, Max is here after a quick trip to a Christmas market in Eastern Europe somewhere
    ...Estonia I think...then it's a house full Chrissie Day n Boxing Day...

    Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely that your son is home for the holidays. I love those few days before Christmas as the excitement builds. There are quiet moments, then there are mad moments. Awaiting the day is sometimes the best part. Hope you and your family have a good one my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

Let's talk plectrums...

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation