Sunday, 12 August 2012

So proud

Last night like many millions sat, then stood and shouted and cheered as "little Mo" ran to victory in the 5km to get the distant double gold.  A fantastic achievement by any standards.  

However what makes me so proud was that Mo came to this country as a refugee and last night Britain showed our true side as a multi-cultural nation. As Mo knelt and prayed after his run and 80,000 cheered the roof off what more needed to be said.   An Islamic refugee national hero.

Britain - I love you.

7 comments:

  1. Mo's incredible. And you have a lovely way with words. Beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I'm not following the Games anymore so I missed this great story. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who The F*ck is little MO?

    Seriously, I've not really been following the Olympics, but I'm sure I didn't miss a reference to "Little Mo"

    Some sort of mole?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mohamed Farrah. Sorry but huge news here.

      Delete
  4. That is a much, much greater achievement for Britain than the U.S. The U.S. started out as a polyglot society but Britain had to come around to that way of thinking -- a much more difficult transition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! And his name will be remembered long after wotisname's (the MP who tweeted negatively).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dammit, I just had to look up polyglot!

    ReplyDelete