Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Two new songs.

A couple of days holiday from work so I've been busy recording... :-)

Two new songs.


Sense


Sense first broke cover when I did the Live in the Living Room thing, this is the full studio version!

And here is Homeward bound.





Homeward Bound has been a chord pattern looking for a song/lyrics for years, last year I finally wrote the lyrics and this is the final version. The solo was semi-worked out but then took a life of its own. It is possible to jam with yourself? I seem to have done so here the ending just a jam based on how the rhythm part first recorded ended! I was going to fade the solo out but this seems to (almost) work as an ending so left it in! Enjoy

Postscript - In the end I deleted the first version of Sense I'd uploaded and re-uploaded it.  The compression really messed up the sound of the 12 string at the start.  Exporting from Audacity (where I do my final editing) to an uncompressed WAV gave much better result than either MP3 or WAV Compressed...  You learn something new every day...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip about being able to export from Audacity as an uncompressed WAV. I tend to do things as mp3s, out of habit, but I won't any more. Compressed music is a PITA (or the ear I should say).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. Sweet and tender songs. Well done, you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I especially like Homeward Bound. It's got a dreamy quality to it and I love soloing.

    ReplyDelete