Anniversary and Dislocation

Saturday was the 7th anniversary of my last drink. Nothing that momentous in the world really, I've simply not had a drink of alcohol. However to me one day without it is amazing in some ways, and now it is so long ago that it is only part of my life in that everyday I remind myself I can't risk taking the first one.

Other dramas this weekend included my mother-in-law trying pull a nail out a wall at 9pm Friday night, falling and dislocating her shoulder! Brilliant!! As you get to the point where you think you have the kids off your hands and more time to yourselves... the old ones start to play up!

Right ... do I watch the MotoGP I recorded or the rugby live? The kind of problems I have now that I don't have to worry about the next drink.

Oh yes proud parent moment... my daughter was elected captain of the swimming team :-) she has had her first couple of galas as captain and been really good at it. So pleased for her.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on that anniversary, I can't imagine how hard that must be.

    Congrats to your daughter too

    And as for the older generation, don't get me started, and I haven't got the younger ones off my hands yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Daughter-of-furtheron!

    And to you. An anniversary to remember and to look forward.

    Don't talk to me about elderly parenst-in-law ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being sober for 7 years :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

Let's talk plectrums...

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation