Sunday, 2 November 2014

Body finished

I've finished the body.  A quick rub down with 0000 wire wool and then a polish with my old beeswax finishing wax.

I've just test fitted the neck in these photos.  I'm going to leave it a few days for the finish to harden before starting to add hardware etc.

Really pleased with how it is looking.

One thing this kit (for the 12 string) was only available with a basswood body.  In retrospect I should have sanded it more with 250 grade paper prior to starting finishing maybe, or it maybe basswood is less "grainy".  Personally I'd prefer Ash which has a better grain pattern for me.  Pleased with the colour though

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished project!