The workbench

I've been setting up some projects now I'm "retired".  However weather, health and other stuff keeps getting in the way.

However progress has been made.

I built a new workbench!  I think I said I was going to do this ages ago - at least a year... or two!

Ta Da!



I bought some lengths of 4x2in (well the metric equivalent) from the local store which they delivered back in January.  I then created a frame - the cross braces (front to back) are just butted against the front frames where I joined the long cross bits to the legs via half lap (I think that's what it's called) joints.  They hide the screws hold the cross braces in.  I cut some MDF to fit as a bottom storage shelf and the top is an offcut from our kitchen worktop that has been sat in the garage for 15 years waiting for me to do this!
The vice is an old one I liberated from my father-in-laws garage last year when we had to sell that house after my mother-in-law went into a care home.  It's not huge but useful and I recessed the edge to get it to fit and mounted some laminated ply (about three bits to get it right) underneath so that the top is flush/lower than the work surface - again considering for guitar use so there's nothing for them to bash and get scratched.
The carpet is a bit of offcut held in place with a wooden batten.  This allows me to have it on hand for when I need something soft to put guitars on.
Keep watching here as there is a new project about to be started on it any day now...

Comments

  1. Wow. It looks impressive. What are you going to make on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay tuned for more guitar projects now the bench is available

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation

Let's talk plectrums...