Gig Review - The Shires Folkestone 28th April 2017

Mrs F really like The Shires.  We saw them on tour a year or so back ... anyway I saw them back at Folkestone and only two weeks after Mrs F's birthday - so ... Birthday Treat!

First up a quick mention of Catherine McGarth who was support act and suddenly has invaded my world.  I heard a track on Bob Harris' show on Thursday, she was there live on Friday and then my Guitarist magazine falls through the door on Saturday and there's a full page intro and interview with her in that.  She'd only 19!!!  One to watch.

The Shires - just brilliant.  One of those acts that can simply deliver.  They can sing so well live, if anything better than in the studio.  A good collection of songs from both albums, varying of tempo etc. and a simply stunning cover of Robbie Williams' Angels.  That should be a single - it was just fantastic!!!

My ear was a bit problematic at times, tinnitus was bad that day, but good old noise reducing earplugs helped and I enjoyed it all.  Thoroughly recommended

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation

Let's talk plectrums...