Where's he been!!!

Can it really be nearly 3 weeks since I posted?

Clearly!

I've been really busy.

Okay - Mrs F is a year older since the last post. She had a day in London with the kids and I met up with them in the evening for a meal. She has a nice shiny iPod that I bought her that my son luckily had the patience to help set up for her.

Oh yes - obviously from that you can guess, Son-of-Furtheron is home for Easter. I drove up to Aberystwyth in the most glorious weather last Friday afternoon to collect him. Driving over the mountains in totally blue skies and so clear you could see for miles was a lovely day.

Daugher-of-Furtheron is going great guns at school at her parents evening her teachers were full of praise for her. Sadly due to work commitments I couldn't make it. First one of those I've ever missed for either of my kids I was annoyed that work got in the way.

So... work. After the last post I decided that enough is enough and I can't do this huge daily commute or live away from home. So I told my company and offered a hand over period for them to ensure continuity of service to the client. The handover started last Monday and my last day there is now Maundy Thursday. But unlike I'd planned the company wanted me to stay on and have found me another assignment near home... Actually where I used to work help with the site shutdown. I had a one day immersion session there yesterday which was a very weird feeling going back to where I worked for 20 years but with a totally different head on as an external consultant coming in.

That will last up until October time. After that I don't know, I will still be leaving the company since I'm not prepared for the next assignment can be anywhere requirement they have. They have some people who are associates and called in for suitable roles on a short term contract. If they want me like that I'd consider it.

Comments

  1. Happy Belated B-day to your wife. :)
    Glad to hear that all is well with the kids. It's nice when people say great things about your children, isn't it? :P

    That is good news about work. Hopefully they will be able to find you another position close to home again, soon after that one ends.

    All in all this was a good news post eh? :P

    take care!!!!

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. missed ya! Happy birthday to the missus and happy Easter to a of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. belated birthday greetings to Mrs F!

    Well done you on your decision. Sounds like they value you though so they may keep finding consultancy roles for you. Enjoy the Easter sunshine! And eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. am just getting round to find all the people lve lost from my sidebar after my domain was sold on..then my blog disappeared...alls well now though...mroonon.duh

    be back soon to catch up

    saz x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

Let's talk plectrums...

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation